UltraBac Software  

Go Back   UltraBac Software Forum > UltraBac Technical Support > SQL Agent
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2007, 02:32 PM

Default Error 00000010 enumerating SQL servers

Hello,
I am using Ultrabac 8.1. Suddenly I noticed a problem when trying to back up the SQL databases using the SQL agent. I checked the license expiration date and it is fine. This problem started three days ago, and I was able to use the sql agent without any problem. Now when I open an Ultrabac set file configured with the Ultrabac wizard using the SQL agent, i get the error 00000010 enumerating SQL servers, followed by "Error enumerating files ':SQL\* (1168 Element not found). See attachments. I appreciate any help this forum can provide. thanks.

ub1.JPG

ub2.JPG
Old 07-18-2007, 02:50 PM
UltraBac Technical Support

Hi,

The error 1168 typically means that the Microsoft sql client network utility is not installed on the server that starts the backup. To fix this issue, you can do one one of the following:

Install The sql client network utilities, from the Microsoft sql installation cd on the backup server. to do this follow these instructions:

1. Run the SQL Client Network Utility from the Windows Start menu, under Start"/"Programs"/"Microsoft SQL Server"/"Client Network Utility."

2. In the "General" tab, enable Named Pipes. Named pipes MUST be enabled for UltraBac to back up a remote SQL database.

3. In the "Alias" tab, type the server name (and instance name, if required) of the SQL server to be backed up.

4. Click "OK."

If you don't want to install the sql client tools, you can follow this method:

1. Install a full version of UltraBac on the Sql server.

2. Create the sql agent set, and save it to the default location.

3. Open Windows Explorer and explore to c:\program files\ultrabac software\ultrabac8\data\

4. Copy the newly created .ub file to your backup server, and place it at c:\program files\ultrabac software\ultrabac8\data

5. Open the set on the UltraBac Server, and now should be able to do the backup.
Phone: 425-644-6000
Email: Derek@ultrabac.com

Last edited by Derek Beaney : 07-18-2007 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Beaney View Post
Hi,

The error 1168 typically means that the Microsoft sql client network utility is not installed on the server that starts the backup. To fix this issue, you can do one one of the following:

Install The sql client network utilities, from the Microsoft sql installation cd on the backup server. to do this follow these instructions:

1. Run the SQL Client Network Utility from the Windows Start menu, under Start"/"Programs"/"Microsoft SQL Server"/"Client Network Utility."

2. In the "General" tab, enable Named Pipes. Named pipes MUST be enabled for UltraBac to back up a remote SQL database.

3. In the "Alias" tab, type the server name (and instance name, if required) of the SQL server to be backed up.

4. Click "OK."

If you don't want to install the sql client tools, you can follow this method:

1. Install a full version of UltraBac on the Sql server.

2. Create the sql agent set, and save it to the default location.

3. Open Windows Explorer and explore to c:\program files\ultrabac software\ultrabac8\data\

4. Copy the newly created .ub file to your backup server, and place it at c:\program files\ultrabac software\ultrabac8\data

5. Open the set on the UltraBac Server, and now should be able to do the backup.
Derek,
thank you very much! I applied the first option and it worked.
However, I am very curious to know why this error appeared suddenly if the SQL backup was running fine with the UB SQL Agent, probably (and I mean probably) without the name pipes enabled and the addition of the server names. When I reviewed the UB logs, the problem started, let's say in july 12 for two days, then it worked fine in july 16, then started again 17 and 18 when I decided to get help in this forum.
Thanks again. This is a great place to get assistance for this product!