UltraBac Software  

Go Back   UltraBac Software Forum > UltraBac Technical Support > File-by-File Backup and Restore
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2008, 08:20 AM

Default Networked Computer Backup Logon Account

I am trying to set up a backup set for a Network Computer with a specific domain/user for the logon from a central storage server. I can successfuly create the set, the Set Properties correctly reflect the specific domain/user account, and the set runs successfully. However, when I look at the Windows Security Log on the networked computer, I see several additional login attempts for the domain/user account which I use for logging onto the central storage server. Why does UltraBac try to log on with anything except the domain/user account specified in the Set Properties? This is a problem because the Networked computer interprets the logon attempts for another account, fails the logon several times, and through domain policy locks out the account.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:50 AM
UltraBac Technical Support

Hi Terry,

Couple of questions for you. What version of UltraBac are you running (build# and build date). And when you are seeing this behavior, is it during a scheduled backup, or are you manually starting the backup?

Thanks!
Phone: 425-644-6000
Email: Derek@ultrabac.com
Old 06-24-2008, 06:59 AM

We're using UB 7.1.15 Build Oct 6, 2004 (#285). This behavior occurs whether logged on and manually staring the job, or through the scheduler. That's one of the strange things. I could see it happening when logged on and executed manually, since that's the account that is actually submitting the task. But when scheduled, the default account in UB is a totally different account.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:51 PM
David

Try adding a computer specific account within UltraBac at Tools\Options\General\Authentication