UltraBac 9.3.5 is released.
UltraBac Version 9.3.5
• Agentless Data Protection for unlimited virtual machines hosted on Microsoft Hyper-V 2012 and 2008R2 Server, includes seamless two-way conversions from VHD to VHDX – SKU# UB-HVA
• Data Protection for SQL Server 2012 – SKU# UB-SQA
INSTALLATION NOTES: Prior to installing UltraBac v9.3.5 you are required to update the Root Certificate. If this update is not performed the UltraBac installation will fail. Please reference the UltraBac 'ReadMe Notes' for detailed information on this new Microsoft requirement.
• Locked File Agent: When a command line backup was hung, AutoResponse.ini used to require a user response before it would continue.
• UltraCopy: Migration tool was causing UltraCopy License errors when customer does not have an UltraCopy License.
• SQL Agent: When restoring SQL.bak files, UltraBac was requiring SQL security credentials; now it can be restored without SQL security credentials.
The Hyper-V Agent is available for purchase with UltraBac or UBDR Gold. This option performs centralized virtual machine backups without the disruption and overhead of running backup tasks from inside each VM. With just a couple of clicks, users have the ability to choose which disks to back up. Unlike competitive products, the Hyper-V Agent also has the exclusive ability to back up only used space, even for fixed disks. Since less data is being backed up the process is faster and it saves on storage space too. Another unique time and space saving feature is the ability to skip backing up pagefile.sys & hiberfil.sys files. The Hyper-V Agent is licensed per socket and includes first year maintenance. http://www.ultrabac.com/ProdPics/P52/UBSProduct_Hyper-V.pdf
IMPORTANT NOTES: Windows Server 2003 / 2003 R2, Windows 2000 (Professional and Server), and Windows XP are no longer supported by UltraBac with the release of version 9.3.5. Version 9.3.1 is available, and will currently be maintained, for those customers running Windows Server 2003 / 2003 R2. Versions 9.2.5 and earlier are still available for those customers running Windows 2000 and XP.
Technical Support Manager