UltraBac Software  

Go Back   UltraBac Software Forum > UltraBac Discussion > UltraBac Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2016, 01:16 PM

Default UltraBac 10.x

Hello,

I am new to this forum and new to the backup/storage world. Just got this job and I am assigned a task to do some research on UltraBac 10.x

I have a question:
1) We will be migrating from version 9.4 to 10, are there any migration documentation that I can take a look at? If so, can you point me in the right direction?
I have looked at the UltraBac website but didn't find anything about the migration from one version to another.

I am sure I will have more questions about this software since I am new to this and learning things.

Also, if this is not the right place to post this question, please move it to appropriate thread.

Thank you in advance.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:33 PM
UltraBac Technical Support

Hello,

When upgrading from UltraBac 9.4.x or earlier we recommend that you do a full manual uninstall and then a fresh install of 10.x.x. Below are the instructions for a full manual uninstall of UltraBac.

You can save all of your backups and scheduled events by copying the .ub and .ubb files out of the Data folder in the UltraBac directory(Typically located at C:\program files\ultrabac software\ultrabac\data). These can then be copied back into the Data folder in the fresh installation. Keep in mind you will need to recreate any Backuppaths and reset your device information in the scheduled events.

Manual Uninstall: The following steps are required to manually uninstall UltraBac Backup Software.
1. Open Services (run->services.msc)
a. Stop -> UltraBac Management Service
b. stop -> UltraBac Scheduler
2. Open Command Prompt and navigate to the UltraBac Folder
a. Type ubms /u
b. Type scheduler /u
c. Exit cmd prompt
3. Open Regedit to remove UltraBac entries if present:
a. Remove* HKLM->Software->UltraBac Software
b. Remove* HKCU->Software->UltraBac Software
c. Remove HKLM->System->CurrentControlSet->Services->Ubms, Ubfd and Ubscheduler if they are present.
d. Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}*-** LowerFilters - LowerFilters is a Multi_SZ value, double click LowerFilters and remove only the UBFD entry
e. Remove HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E 967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} -*UpperFilters UpperFilters is a Multi_SZ value, double click UpperFilters and remove only the UBFD entry.

4. Delete program files
5. Delete program group from start menu
6.* Rename UBFD in the \Windows\System32\drivers to UBFD.old
7.* Reboot the machine
Old 12-08-2016, 06:36 AM

Thank you, Patrick.
I am sure I will have some more questions to ask.

Thanks in advance.